Twenty Somethings from a twenty something.
Your twenties are notorious. Challenging, emotionally turbulent, some don't make it out the other side. Here's a few notes as I make it out the other side.
1. When people say puppy fat, don't listen to them. The best and quickest thing you can learn is how to feed your body well and how to move it so it feels good.
2. Apologise. And mean it, when you break somebodies heart.
3. Some people will hurt you by accident. Some people will do it on purpose. Forgive those that didn't mean to and turn your back on those that did.
4. Real friendships don't need dusting or polishing. You look forward to spending time with them, they nourish you, fulfill you and you them. The rest is noise. Noise is great for a party, but you don't need it all the time.
5. You will make mistakes, you will do stupid things. The worst thing you can do is deny how stupid they are. Apologise if you hurt someone, understand why it was wrong, learn and let go.
6. Do as much as you can whilst you have the energy, say yes to as much as possible. Kiss in the rain at midnight. Do all the things you hear in love songs, those memories engrave themselves like steel on your soul. You will comfort yourself through the darkness with these moments of light.
7. The darkness will come for you. It came for me too. Know that even in the most painful times, you are not alone, and you won't be. Understand pain is universal, and that there are people in the world that want to help you. Find those people. The best ones will teach you how to sail through the darkness, and how to do it alone.
8. Sometimes the darkess will feel like too much. Sometimes it is. Rest, but don't dwell. Heal, but don't fester. You can still try to find your way to open doors, just do it gently.
9. Listen to your intuition, and find ways to tune in to it. It is your only navigation through a complicated life. Your intuition is your truth, the way you will feel at home in yourself. No-one can simply tell you who you are, and who you're meant to be.
10. Don't buy everything. At this age, you are ripe for the picking. They will tell you everything you are not, to make you buy more. Don't listen. Spend your money on holidays, travels and ideas. Not on clothes that weren't ever really made for you, and worse exploit others to make them.
11. That being said.....if you find something ridiculous, wonderful and beautiful that makes you smile, buy THAT, but because you feel good, not because you are trying to disguise yourself.
12. Experimentwith drugs. But experiment because you want to explore. Not explode.
13. Don't drink so much. There's really no need. You will spend to much time trying to get to know yourself again because you've numbed and forgotten too much. There is nothing to learn at a bottom of a bottle.
14. You don't need as much as you think. Of eveyrthing. Minimise.
15. You might meet someone that tests how much you like yourself. They will bring you to the brink. But you must not let them pull you over. Some people spend their whole lives drowning, you do not have to do this.
16. You can say No. It does not make you a bitch. It does not make you aggressive. To have boundaries is to also have dignity and integrity. This an incredible thing to harness.
17. 'With Love, Goodbye' you to not have to indulge in friendships, relationships, with anything or anyone that does not soothe your soul. You do not have to leave in anger, there is a great deal of power in wishing even the worst, the best.
18. Think about yourself less. As in, don't worry so much about where you fit or don't fit, ask yourself what are you good at, where can I be useful? Be useful the world needs more useful people.
19. Don't let your past make excuses for your present. You can only define yourself in that exact moment in time, not by presenting your research as to why you think you are a certain way. Be your actions and let them speak for themselves.
20. You are the company you keep. If you are hanging out with people you don't respect, or people who are hurtful, ask yourself why. The world is full of wonderful people. Don't be lazy to hang out with people who are just 'there', or are a manifestation of the low thoughts you have about yourself.
21. Put yourself in context. If you are feeling angry, or out of place, you probably are. Find your context and it will all make more sense.
22. You are remarkable. Life is remarkable. Cynacism is ok, for a bit, but if you can't put your face underneath a waterfall and think fuck me life is a god damn miracle, then you need to find more waterfalls.
23. They will tell you to play a role. But it is not their role you must inhabit, it is yours. You can define your life, your boundaries, your relationships.
24. Love, care, trust they are not empty words, they are actions. If you find yourself talking about them more than doing them, try just doing them.
25. Slow down. Don't rush past it, don't just get things over with. There is no 'just' or 'only this' everything that happens is there because of hard work. Appreciate it always.
26. Be selfless. It is easier than you think.
27. Fight when you can, rest when you cannot.
28. As a woman, it will be harder. As a woman, you are fucking abundant.
29. To buy, to sleep, to eat is not enough. You have to dream
Happy Birthday Gemini's x